Sunday, October 01, 2006

JAPANESE CLASS & CELLPHONE

29 Aug 2006

Attended my first Japanese language class today at Sougyo Fukushi Kaikan. Russell, Joel, Veronica, Claire & I all shared a taxi there. We had an orientation, played games and chatted with many other learners of Jap language. There were not only JETs but also some ladies from Misawa who are married to Americans. After the orientation we were each accessed by Japanese native speakers & assigned to our classes according to different learning levels. Realised I have forgotten a lot of grammar that I learnt previously so this would be a good time to discipline myself to study hard. Besides, I really need to start studying coz JLPT exam is just 2 mths away!

1 Sept 2006









Claire and I went to Mrs Takahashi Kaoru's house for lunch today. She invited us as we were all sitting near her during the International Relations welcome lunch that day. She attempted to teach us how to make Japanese food. Of course we didn't do the cooking. We were just helpers but it was fun! There was sooo much food!

After lunch Claire & I met the other ALTs at Yamada Denki to buy our cell phones. We all took up Docomo's family plan to take advantage of the cheap rate so Russell became my 'brother'!

No comments: